Saturday, March 28, 2020
Dear Friends and Clients,
I hope this email finds you safe, reasonably serene, and healthy. I want you to know that I have been thinking of you and am concerned for your health and well being.
The situation we all find ourselves in has proven to have a profound impact on all of us either directly or indirectly. I want you to know that you can call, text, or email anytime, if you need or want to talk through any situation you find yourself in that I might be able to help with.
Many people have been laid off or have reduced working hours and many businesses have lost some if not all of their revenue. Even if you are financially sound, we are all connected, and these affects, impact us all!
I have compiled an update on the legislation designed to support individuals and business. You will find the details in the attached document (It was too long to include in the body of this email).
In summary I have covered the following topics:
1. Updated deadlines
2. Stimulus Checks
3. Additional Unemployment, Disability, PFL (Paid Family Leave), and Work Sharing Provisions
4. Expanded enrollment for Covered California
5. COVID-19 Business Owner Resources
6. Business Owner Relief through Loans and Grants administered by the SBA (Small Business Administration)
7. Payroll Tax Credits for Businesses
8. Additional Student Loan Benefits available to Employers and Employees
If there are new developments I will be sure to share them with you. In the meantime, please take care of yourselves and know that we are thinking of you.